This gender neutral modern nursery design was a challenging project due to the small bedroom size, but with a few key pieces it was transformed into a comfortable space that can grow with baby.
The bedroom is 10’ x 10’6” with one window and a reach in closet down a short hall to the bedroom door.
The crib, which can convert into a toddler bed and daybed, is placed along the south wall. A wide dresser that doubles as a charging station adds storage to the room. A comfortable modern rocking chair adds comfort.
Visual interest is added with a painted feature wall and cute animal art prints and texture is created by layering a colourful rug on top of the neutral carpeting. Using multipurpose items add more functionality to the room. A soft-sided woven basket can hold laundry or toys and a Moroccan style pouf can be a footstool or a side table with the addition of a small round tray.
- Room – Benjamin Moore Grey Tint
- Feature Wall – Benjamin Moore Aegean Teal
- Lolly 3-in-1 Crib – Wayfair
- Hemnes 8 Drawer Chest – Ikea
- Finn Rocking Chair – Anthropologie
- Woodland Animal Prints (mood board) – Coco & James (Etsy)
- Woodland Animal Prints (rendering) – YassisPlace (Etsy)
- Bungalow Rose Area Rug – Wayfair
- Leather Ottomann – Wayfair
- Lark Manor Basket- Wayfair
- Mobile – MandysFavoriteThings (Etsy)
This post contains affiliate links, you can find my full disclosure statement here.