It’s been slow going around here on my bathroom makeover for the One Room Challenge. Rain and some cold temperatures have lead to some delays.
I’ve finally finished the construction stage of the vanity (phew!) and I’m really happy with the result.
I built the cabinet doors using a tutorial from Ana White and got them all lined up with new inset hinges. At this point the entire vanity has been primed and has one coat of paint on it.
I’m using Behr Alkyd Semi-Gloss Enamel paint for the first time and I’m not 100% sure I like it. Even though it’s been over 24 hours since I put the first coat of paint on the vanity still feels tacky, and there are a lot of streaks. I really hope that the second coat evens everything out otherwise I might bite the bullet and go get some of the same paint I used on our kitchen cabinets (Benjamin Moore Advance)
I’ve also made some real progress on the countertop! The colour is a combination of Minwax Special Walnut and Early American, two stains I already had on hand. I’m just waiting on the temperature to go up a little bit before putting on my poly coat, I’m going to be trying Varathane Triple Thick for the first time.
As you can see by the holes cut in the countertop the sink & faucet have arrived!
The sink is from American Standard that we picked up at our local Bathworks and the faucet came online from Wayfair.
I’m glad that the finish line for the vanity is in sight because I really need to get started on the shiplap. I know I said it last week but I’m hoping to start this weekend (for reals this time okay). Apparently it’s going to get a bit warmer tomorrow so it should be a perfect day to take the table saw out and start cutting plywood strips.
If I can get that started tomorrow I think…THINK…I might actually pull this off in the 6 week timeframe (for the first time).
Thanks for visiting and following along with my progress! Don’t forget to check out all the other amazing makeovers taking place over on Calling it Home.
This post contains affiliate links, you can find my full disclosure statement here.