It’s finally reveal week and the space-theme nursery for my girlfriend Kaila is DONE! This might be the cutest room I’ve ever designed before. I seriously cannot get over how adorable it is and how perfectly everything turned out.
Doing a One Room Challenge makeover (in someone else’s house) during a pandemic lock down was definitely an interesting challenge. The mum and dad to be did all the work bringing this room from design to reality.
New here? Welcome! I’m Casey, the designer and DIY enthusiast behind House by the Bay. I love sharing all the DIY projects my husband and I create in our home, and working with clients to create beautiful spaces on a budget. Nice to meet you!
Catch up on the progress so far: Week 1 – Not One, But TWO Makeovers | Week 2 – Space-Themed Nursery Design | Week 3 – Chris’ New Office Design | Week 4 – Installing the Nursery Mural | Week 6 – DIY Cloud Shelves | Week 7 – The DIY Project That Almost Killed Me
I did go over to install the wallpaper mural though which you can read more about in my week 3 post!
The watercolour pattern is just gorgeous and the colours are somehow both vibrant and soothing at the same time. It’s magic.
The mural adds so much colour we kept the rest of the room pretty neutral with white furniture, grey & white print fabrics and some fun pops of navy in the rug and artwork.
This nursery is a really great space with lots of room for activities! Behind those closet doors are lots hangers for clothes and bins for toys.
It was really important that everything in the nursery be able to grow as baby does. The crib is a multi-functional piece that will eventually convert to a toddler bed and eventually a double bed. And while the double dresser is filled with diapers and onesies and towels, it will provide plenty of storage for a growing boy.
Of course the nursery needed a little bit of green! I love this macrame hanger to help keep plants (and soil) out of reach of little hands.
My girlfriend found the three prints on Etsy and they fit in perfectly with everything else in the space.
And yes…O is for Owen!
Remember when I told you in my post about those cloud shelves that I had a surprise? Well guess what? It’s not just the name of this room’s future occupant….
It was that somebody decided to show up three weeks early before his nursery was fully ready!
He was just so excited he couldn’t wait to move in 😉
As godparents to this adorable babe I can’t tell you how excited Chris and I were to meet him. Ontario has allowed for “bubbles” of 10 people so were able to go for a visit last week. We took care of installing all the shelves for mum and dad and helped with some finishing touches before taking photos.
Sweet Owen, I am so excited to be your auntie and can’t wait to spoil you rotten – I may have already started planning all the fun toys I will make for you! (Sshhh don’t tell your mum)
Space Theme Nursery Sources
- Wall Colour: Sherwin Williams Rhythmic Blue (SW 6806)
- Mural: Photowall (save 25% with code: HOUSEBYTHEBAYDESIGN2020)
- Crib: Graco Benton 5-in-1 Convertible Crib
- Crib Mattress: Graco Waterproof Standard Crib Mattress (& mattress protector)
- Crib Sheets: Jersey Knit Stars and Percale Grey Dots (not pictured)
- Cloud Shelves: Handmade (tutorial here!)
- Baby Monitor: Motorola
- Quilt: Handmade Gift
- Rug: Constellation Navy Rug from Ruggable (Save 10% off with code AFF10)
- Cloud Laundry Hamper: Bouclair (similar)
- Dresser: IKEA MALM 6 Drawer Dresser
- Changning Pad: Skip Hop Changing Pad
- Wipes Dispenser: OXO Tot Perfect Pull
- Elephant Plush: Gund
- Utility Cart: IKEA RASKOG
- Diaper Pail: Dekor Classic Hands Free (& Refills)
- Curtains: Bouclair (Similar)
- Glider and Ottoman: Stork Craft
- Storage Side Table: IKEA KVISTBRO
- Floor Lamp: IKEA RANARP
- Wireless Dimmable Light Bulb: IKEA TRÅDFRI
- Closet Toy Storage (not pictured): Zoomie Kids Toy Organizer
- Closet Hangers (not pictured): Baby Nest Designs Hangers & Clothes Dividers
- Book Shelves: Handmade Gift
- Art Prints: Etsy
- Plant Hanger: Amazon
And as this round of the One Room Challenge has been a DOUBLE room makeover for me – I do have one more room reveal coming up! We’re just wrapping up a few finishing touches on Chris’ home office and hope it will be finished by the end of the challenge next week!